Dolphin Dynamics launches the ‘In the Saddle’ Initiative
at Travel Technology Europe for Just a Drop
FEBRUARY 2015: Travel software company Dolphin Dynamics are gearing up for a charity challenge at the Travel Technology Europe (TTE) show next week in aid of international water aid charity, Just a Drop.
Taking place on 25th and 26th February, TTE is a specialist exhibition and conference for technology buyers from across the travel sector. During the show, the team at Dolphin Dynamics will have a cycle simulator next to their stand and will be encouraging delegates to pedal to raise pounds for Just a Drop by either:
- Cycling a set distance and asking for sponsorship; or
- Nominating a friend or colleague to cycle and making a donation to watch them sweat!
Andy Mills from Dolphin Dynamics said:
“We are delighted to play a part in highlighting the fantastic work undertaken by Just a Drop to deliver safe, clean water where it is needed most. As a meeting point for the travel industry, we want to rally our colleagues to ‘get in the saddle’ at TTE and use pedal power to raise funds. To add an extra incentive, everyone who takes part in the challenge will be entered into a prize draw to win some wearable bike technology.”
Kelly Railton, Head of Fundraising and Communications at Just a Drop said:
“We are very grateful to Dolphin Dynamics for their support and their ‘in the saddle’ idea is a great way to bring our friends and supporters in the travel industry together. All monies raised from the challenge will go towards our water and sanitation projects that have so far touched the lives of the poorest people in 31 countries and, as it only takes £1 to provide a child with clean water for 10 years – whether you’re a cycle’path or a pedal pusher - every donation will make a real impact on people’s lives.”
To support the team’s efforts, please donate via their JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/in-the-saddle/
You can also make a donation via your mobile by texting: TTED99 £5 to 70070. (Or the amount you wish to donate).
Nicola Swann: [email protected] ¦ T: 020 8910 7019
Notes to editors:
About Just a Drop – www.justadrop.org
- Launched in 1998, Just a Drop is an international water-aid charity with a very simple plan: to give people clean, safe water and to reduce the number of children dying as a result of water-related diseases.
- Working with local partners, at a grassroots level, we provide clean water and sanitation facilities to some of the poorest communities around the world through the construction of hand-dug and borehole wells, pipelines, hand pumps and latrines and we establish health and sanitation programmes.
- We operate with a handful (5) of staff and an army of volunteers, many of whom are retired military officers and water engineers with extensive experience on global water development projects.
- To date, we have carried out over 130 projects across 31 countries, reaching an estimated 1.5 million people from Afghanistan to Zambia.
Fast Water Facts:
- A child dies around every 20 seconds as a result of a water related illness.
- Over 768 million people in the world do not have access to clean, safe water.
- More people in the world own mobile phones than have access to a toilet.